Monday, February 17, 2014

Mommy Mondays: Back Again

So it's been a while since I've done a Mommy Monday post. Hey: when your maternity wardrobe consists of about 8 separate pieces of clothing, there's not much to show before it all gets old. Anyway, now that I'm not sporting that whole 'smuggling watermelons' look, it's back to the rest of my wardrobe...slowly, but surely.

First of all: yes, I'm still wearing my maternity jeans. They've held up much better this time, so it's worth getting as much wear out of them as possible before I shed the rest of the baby weight and get back into my normal clothes.

Second of all: I love this cardi. It's brilliant. Despite being a very bright shade of magenta, it's very versatile. And the top from White Stuff is one I got when I was pregnant. The silhouette is great because I could wear it both pregnant and postpartum. Plus, the cowl neck makes for a great pull-down access for breastfeeding. At only 6 weeks out, that's definitely still a high priority.

And as an added note: the watch! For Christmas I finally bought the wanderlust watch from Feral. Such a good decision. I've been wearing it most of the time. It's really silly, but having a wrist watch makes me feel inexplicably grown up.

So, for now, it's time to get back to behaving like a grown-up. I've got laundry to fold, floors to vacuum, and Thank You cards to post. Looks like things are getting back on track!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you are easing back into normalcy - or your new normal!!!

    ReplyDelete