Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Little of Your Time (Maroon 5)

Okay, so it's more like a lot of my time. In an effort to actually be more productive when attempting to read for class, I am now holed up in the library. The atmosphere ought to be more conducive to revising and whatnot, right?
not so much
To my credit, since I'm not in my room, I haven't been distracted by the TV, other books, the fact that I really ought to do laundry, or anyone dropping by. And I've finally finished Hesiod's Theogony and even started Works and Days. Hooray for me. This may be a fantastic last-minute revision device: get out of the room and go where other people are also working. If it weren't for the ambient noise of the kids at the table across from me constantly gossiping and the door opening and closing as people come out of Starbucks across the hall [yes, there is a Starbucks in my campus library...it's like Invasion of the Body Snatchers] I'd almost feel guilty for blogging instead of revising.
not so much, though
Today being Monday, it also requires a link to another new song - this one inspired by orchestra rehearsal this afty. Rachmaninoff's 2nd Piano Concerto in C minor: beautiful. Give it a second to get going and it's great...quite challenging to play, though, since the soloist can change tempos at will, so practically memorising the music is a must so as to keep one eye on the conductor at all times.
yeah right...I wish this guy was my conductor! [Brilliant]
At any rate, it's on to more revision for Greek Myth before another card-making binge in lieu of being able to actually visit for my Visiting Teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment