Saturday, February 7, 2009

Death and the Maiden (Franz Schubert)

Went to my friend Brittni's production of the play Death and the Maiden last night: phenomenal. I read the script beforehand (with an eye to possibly auditioning...) but even knowing how the story went, the performance was great. I normally hate reading a play before I see it (i.e. Everything we went to see with Zanna...The Woman Hater, Dealer's Choice, The Vertical Hour, etc.) but reading the script didn't ruin this one. I have to give Brittni credit for being an amazing director; and Maggie and the others for being great actors. The play's about the end of the Pinochet regime in Chile; I highly recommend it. I also recommend Schubert's "Death and the Maiden": very fun piece.
The snow is all gone now, and so it's finally warming up again. Thankfully, this means no more frozen runs back from the gym. Even 1/4 mile is a chore when it's about 30*F outside. For now, though, it's fashion show planning time: the International Flair fashion show I have to organise for the end of March. Should be fun! (I think some t-shirt design is in order now...)

No comments:

Post a Comment