Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Stop & Enjoy the Autumn

With the cold weather well and truly upon us now, it really feels like autumn. All the leaves have come off the huge horse chestnut tree down the road by the pub, it's getting dark at 5 in the evening, and E has contracted a vicious cold so the house smells like olbas oil round the clock.

As the pumpkin I've been procrastinating carving sits on the dining table, I thought now would be a good time to just enjoy a bit of autumn ambiance. 







I think I hear the sounds of a pumpkin pie begging to be baked...

2 comments:

  1. Sorry E is sick! Love the fall pictures - I didn't realize that y'all were in the same season we are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup: it only changes over the north-south hemispheres. That would confuse me so much!

    ReplyDelete