Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Mommy Mondays: Casual and Functional

Just a short one today. There's lots to get done before my own Mommy comes to visit us on her way to see my little sister in Vienna!

It's been a while since I've done a Mommy Monday post. Not that I haven't been coming up with ideas for lovely outfits, but I've had so many other things to do and to share that I've sort of let it fall by the wayside. Plus, I'm still trying to decide how best to present the whole thing...I might change it up some time soon.

This outfit was from earlier in the month. While it would be okay for rainy days, I'd mostly break it out for muddy days or wet days - like just after the rain - when it's brisk, but not freezing cold. It's a bit similar to what I wore to the petting zoo back on Valentine's Day with the kids. (I'm wondering now if I ever did a post on that! Oops...)

Something I've noticed lately is that I can very easily put together and outfit with hardly any colour in it at all. Black jacket, black top, olive drab trousers. The only slight pop is the blue floral wellies...and those are dying a slow death. The last time I wore them - when I took this picture - I noticed that they were cracking along the top of the arches. Luckily, I have another pair, though as ankle boots, they're not quite as robust at keeping the water or splooshy mud off...those are mostly good for sticky, thick mud of the type you get round styles on country footpaths. They are cute, though.

Otherwise, on the fashion front, I've lately acquired a sequin mini skirt and some leopard print heels on super-cheap sales. I'm looking forward to including those both in later posts...just not together. Sequins and leopard print in one outfit would just be a bit too much. Especially for my lifestyle. Though at least I'm realising my plan to really enjoy my wardrobe again no matter what else is going on in my life. Being a mom isn't a reason to feel like I can't look nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment