Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Brantastic. (Yup...I went there.)


So, munching away on breakfast this morning, I realised that I'd made my way through a dozen bran muffins without even mentioning the recipe to share!

1 1/4 C all-purpose flour
1/2 C sugar (you can use slightly less if you want)
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbl baking powder
2 C bran cereal
1 1/4 C milk
1 egg
1/4 C vegetable oil

1) Mix the dry ingredients together & set aside.
2) Soften the cereal in milk. Add the egg & oil. Add the dry ingredients.
3) Bake @ 400ºF/190ºC for 20 minutes.

Yield: 12 muffins

These are great for breakfast, or even just as a snack with some milk or tea. Another bonus? If you have a little boy like mine, they also make a great toddler-friendly snack. I confess, I never feel bad about giving E bran muffins or pumpkin muffins because, moderately sugary though they may be, they're also pretty healthy.

Late as I am on the subject of pancake day, I'll leave a post about making & eating scrummy pancakes for another day. In the mean time, E and I have an errand to run to get ready for our Valentine's Day breakfast tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment