That's right; it's time for us to pack our bags and head to the States for a bit. What has trip prep looked like in our house?
- Lots of to-do lists on my new smartphone. (Finally, something that runs Android!)
- Loads and loads of laundry...and a stack of dried nappies sitting in my hallway.
- Our chest of drawers covered in toiletries and the bed covered in clothes while we pack.
- Yours Truly using all of E's naps to make baby food in the kitchen. Why? To use up the fruits and veg that won't freeze while we're gone. Let's be honest; no one wants to come home to furry carrots after a nice holiday.
- Constantly syncing and charging electronics
- The perennial debate about which books should go in the carry-on and which ones can be stowed in your checked bags. This is almost a matter for the famed Rory Gilmore Pro-Con Lists.
As hectic as it is to prepare for a long trip (and as much worse as that gets when you're also bringing a nearly 7-month-old baby!), there's something fun about the flurry of activity that we're in at the moment. If nothing else, it's made my days ridiculously productive.
On that note, I've got some baby biscotti to pack, a sippy cup to fill with juice, toys to corral, and the last batch of chicken, carrot, and butternut squash penne baby food to purée. Cross your fingers and pray for me, people: I'm taking my baby on a plane.