Sunday, January 1, 2012

Hello, Goodbye

Well, we're at the start of another year, which means it's time to resolve once again to make a few much-needed - or at least much-desired - improvements in my day-to-day life. In all honesty, I'm not the biggest of New Year's resolution-makers. I'm pretty rubbish about keeping up the momentum to stick to my goals for the whole year. So this year, I'm making resolutions that I'm already inclined to keep:

Get back in shape and down to my pre-pregnancy weight by Victoria's graduation.
Train for and run a half marathon.
Practise my flute again at least once a week.
Keep up with my blog as much as I did this year.
Keep the surfaces in the bedroom tidy.
Try to read 1 book a month around my schedule with Ethan.

I think that's a pretty satisfactory list of goals. Of course, the other thing that New Year's is good for is lists of superlatives from the previous year. And so, without further ado...

Best day of 2011: 26 October! The pushing was over and I had a gorgeous baby boy.
Biggest adjustment of 2011: Ethan is the biggest adjustment without a doubt.
Most hectic event of 2011: Angus and Emily's wedding. Though really, nearly anything after Ethan's birth would qualify. That said, the wedding was also really nice. Pictures to follow.
Best movie we saw: The King's Speech (though other favourites were Sherlock Holmes, X-Men: First Class, and Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.)
Worst movie we saw: I can't believe I'm about to admit that I watched this, but...Twilight. Oh yeah: on holiday over the summer we decided to finally bow to our morbid curiosity and watch the first Twilight movie. I can't get that time back.
Mistake that won't be made again: having a baby so near cold and flu season! It's hard enough taking care of a small baby, but doing it when you're feeling like death is even worse. At least if Ethan had been a bit older, it would have felt slightly easier.
Best decision ever: I think that one's pretty obvious...
i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)
Farthest trip from home: Being in Utah in January to visit my family for Christmas/New Year's.
Most fun holiday: I loved the trip to Utah, but I had loads of fun when we went up to the Lake District back when the Royal Wedding took place.

Daddy and son


Trying to stay stylish

Yummy wedding lunch

The newest edition to the family

Gorgeous centrepieces for the wedding

My son the crumb-catcher...

another year over, and a new one just begun...


No comments:

Post a Comment