Thursday, January 5, 2012

A Day in the Life

It's a busy job being 10 weeks old. People are constantly asking for your autograph...

Lemme get your John Hancock on that...

You've got to make time to hang out with your crew...

do you wanna roll wit' us?

And of course, sometimes you just need to take a break from it all...

scoping out the mysteries of the universe...

err...make that the iTunes visualizer...

Of course there's also breastfeeding clinics to get your tongue-tie diagnosed, some screaming to exercise the lungs (and remind people to feed you), a few soiled diapers, and nonchalantly facing the indignity of being stripped naked in public to be placed on a scale. (12 lbs. 15 oz. When you've got it, flaunt it!)

Also; aside from Sophie the creepy squeaky giraffe, I named everything in that picture of E and his toys. Now, Nom the Fish (a name and an imperative!) and Horsey are - I admit - a bit more mainstream, but Humbert? Marmaduke? Sherlock? I know I call them as I see them, so I have only myself to blame, but my son's playthings sound like the members list of a poncey Victorian gentlemen's club! (Back when the clubs actually housed something akin to gentlemen and not just big-bosomed floosies with nipple tassles and the perverts who kept them employed.) All he needs to seal the deal is a stuffed sheep named Algernon.

Say it with me: "Iwillnotbuymoretoys...Iwillnotbuymoretoys..."

No comments:

Post a Comment