Monday, March 21, 2011

Food, Glorious Food

For someone who hasn't felt terribly keen on eating for the past few weeks, I've had quite a few urgent needs for specific foods. There was the day I desperately craved a burger and fries, the day I could have murdered a Chipotle burrito or two, a sudden desire for pb&j sandwiches, a nostalgic yearning for a Chick-fil-a salad, and today an irrepressible hankering for a pepperoni and pineapple pizza from Papa John's.

I know people talk a lot about pregnancy cravings, but holy cow! It's not one thing all the time, it's random very specific things at odd and unpredictable intervals. The sad part is that I devoured the entire pizza on my own...in less than an hour...after finally getting back to the gym after 4 weeks off staying in bed to nurse my morning sickness. I felt like such a champ soldiering through a session at the gym. Okay, not so much soldiering as taking a leisurely step back towards my former fitness...and feeling my knees creak on the squat machine. Thanks, pregnancy, for making me feel old. I'm not even 24 yet!

I'm not sure what will be on the menu for dinner. At least, I ought to make something decent for the husband. He's been saddled with most of the cooking lately, and though he doesn't seem to mind, I do feel bad letting it carry on for too long. Thankfully, now that the baby seems content to keep growing without sapping my will to live, I can have something like my life back! It's a relief to experience and not just take people's word for it that the rest of pregnancy isn't a bar of evil wrapped in misery and sprinkled with tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment