Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Around 7 Weeks...

And still no sign of a normal life in sight. I'm sure I'm not the most impartial judge of just how sick I am, but I feel absolutely evil. As much as I love the leisure to stay asleep in bed until 11:30 in the morning, I do hate lacking the energy to do much more than stay in that bed, reading, napping, and eating all day. I miss fresh air and sunshine. I miss the gym. I miss feeling like I could actually sit through a whole day at work and be fine. I miss not having to eat every hour and being able to eat more than bagels and yoghurt. On the bright side, at least I'm growing a baby. Somewhere there is light at the end of the tunnel. If only it didn't feel like such a long tunnel.

My mother-in-law informs me that morning sickness is a result of the hormones that are released while the placenta grows so the baby stays alive and healthy and fed and all that sort of thing. I'd love for this stupid placenta to finish its growing, but that point is still another 5-7 weeks away. When I meet with the midwife for the first time, I'm definitely telling her that I need *something* to make the nausea go away so that I can function like a normal person again. I can't wait for another month and a half to get my life back.

No comments:

Post a Comment