Friday, October 29, 2010

Netherfield Hall is let at last...

Well, Mr. Bingley may not ever have actually lived there, but the actor who played him certainly graced the halls with his striking ginger presence. So did Matthew McFadyen and Keira Knightley. That's right: Basildon Park, aka Netherfield Hall in the 2005 P&P is the target of my latest attempts to get employed. And by employed I mean tragically working for free because paying jobs are impossible to find. I'd be researching the 18th Century kitchen in the house and figuring out how to get it set up as a presentable visitor space. As the guy at the interview today said, it would be my baby.

So aside from what might be a heinous commute to Pangbourne each day, my fingers are crossed for the privilege of getting to have my own pet project (that for once, might actually live beyond infancy and be implemented!) and enjoying the experience of working at Basildon Park...as well as enjoying the later experience of getting to have it on my CV.

The downside? Spending early mornings at the gym rather than in bed. Oh sleep. I shall lament your loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment