Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Just let me pop into this conveniently located phonebooth...

It's a shame I don't have a Judo-expert, super-strong, lycra-spandex-wearing alter-ego like mild-mannered reporter Clark Kent. (That's a lot of hyphens for one sentence!) I say this because when walking Sebastian back to his car we happened to see a gang of delinquents rob a motorcycle pizza delivery man of his pizzas! I felt so bad that we couldn't really do anything to help. Even with both of us *and* the pizza motorcyclist, the chavs would have outnumbered us 2 to 1. Besides, aside from the fact that their shouts and swears were violent enough to give me pause, in my huge stretchy palazzo pants, I wasn't exactly dressed for a West Side Story-style rumble. Actually, that's a far more preferable alternative: it's all jazz hands and pirouettes, then.

All this said, much as I would have loved to duck behind a car and become a brightly-clad defender of justice (and motorcycle delivery men) I think I saw that same guy trolling the block on his Dominoes motorcycle with the gleam of revenge sparkling off his helmet visor. My guess is, if he finds any one of that group of delinquents, he'll give them what-for. You go, Dominoes Avenger. You go.

No comments:

Post a Comment