Monday, March 17, 2014

Mommy Mondays: Changing Weather

Thanks to my mother-in-law, I got a lovely day off last week to do some shopping for myself while she looked after the boys.

The only new item here is the skirt. With the weather finally shaping up to be nice again, it felt good to pick up a few things. The skirt is an H&M basic, so it was only about £7 in the end. H&M is brilliant for inexpensive basics like the stretchy skirt, tank tops, cardigans, and leggings. Also, it's the best place I've found over here for jeans - both normal and maternity. Usually jeans shopping is a pain, but knowing now that H&M have cuts that fit my shape makes the whole thing a breeze.

It's been fun lately trying on new looks with my chambray top. I'd been meaning to get one for ages. It's a brilliant neutral to mix & match with different things. I like the idea of dressing it up with the skirt for family things at church or a date night. I'll have to see both of those pieces in other outfits as the weather keeps improving. Especially as we have a get-away planned with my parents to the coast!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for a day off - so much easier to shop whiteout little ones. Cute skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! And thanks, Kim! Hopefully the weather stays nice enough to wear it again.

    ReplyDelete