- A James Bond marathon: Casino Royale, Quantum of Solace, and Skyfall. Complete with pizza, chips, and lots of fizzy drinks.
- A few walks around the neighbourhood: one to the playground and another to relax with a hot cocoa at Costa.
- Rewatching old seasons of The Unit over dinners: sausages & egg fried rice, chicken kievs and creamy potatoes, and frozen pizza. We've been keeping it simple for now.
- One expenditure of actual effort in order to have blueberry pancakes for brunch. Like the most interesting man in the world, I don't always cook breakfast, but when I do it's because I want pancakes.
- Being weirdly fascinated by being able to say things like, "let's take the boys to the playground" or "it's going to take a bit longer to get the kids in the car."
- Catching up on Pinterest, Twitter, and the blogs whenever I have sleeping children.
My latest discovery on that last one? I win Pinterest...at least in the scarf department. My Christmas present to myself was a plaid blanket scarf from Zara, which has been showing up all over Pinterest lately. Just have a look:
|via, Street Style Seconds|
|via, Simply Whit in a Sequined Life|
For now, though, it's back to those nappies that need changing, babies that need feeding, and the 95th viewing of Finding Nemo. Oh yeah, and these beauties. So glad to have the owner of these baby blues back in the house after visiting his grandparents for the weekend...