Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Christmas Cookie Time

Today I decided that it was time to stop procrastinating. I did some tidying of the house after a busy morning out and then got down to business. Cookie baking business.

Now, I'm not doing all of my cookie baking yet. Partially because my sister wants to do some baking and I'm all about the two of us getting in on the Christmas spirit like that together. But also partially because I need her to help me finish translating the German instructions on my packets of Speculaas spices. (Hey: she lives in Austria, her German is bound to be better than mine now.) Today was just the Swedish Heirloom cookies. If you're looking to get in on this almondy Christmas goodness, I'd suggest popping back over to this post of mine: Super Mum.

Of course, for today's affair, I had my gorgeous assistant to help things along in the kitchen.


 He even got so involved in the process that he insisted on holding the and mixer to get our cookie dough ready. What a little champ. I'll make a chef out of him yet!

soon, little blue pacifier...soon...

Of course, once the mixing was over, I plopped him back down on the floor to keep himself entertained while I got buttery hands rolling all the little dough balls that would become our cookies. It was a good time. He was quite happy to watch the washing machine do its thing while I finished all of the baby unfriendly parts of the baking process. People, it's difficult trying to keep a baby from being interested in an open and scalding hot oven door. Thankfully, I was able to pin him in the corner with his step stool.


Appropriately, this whole escapade was carried out to tunes like "All I Want For Christmas Is You" and "Stop the Cavalry" and "Santa Claus is Coming to Town". All I need now is a claymation Christmas special and it'll be as Christmasy as it can get in here without opening any presents. After all, we did go see Father Christmas for the second time today...


No comments:

Post a Comment