Friday, October 28, 2011

Not a Bad Way to Spend the Week

I'll save the longer version of events for a time when I'm not executing the old mommy-on-teh-Interwebz standby of typing one-handed while I hold my sleeping/nursing/crying child.

Just two days after he was due to make an appearance, Ethan James Jeffcoat Dick came along at about 12:24 on a Wednesday morning. He has his daddy's ears and feet, and - so far as I can tell - my nose. Oh, and a decent head of dark brown hair. As the hospital counts it, I laboured for a good 14.5 hours to get to meet my brand new son. And that was with the successive aid of entenox, the birthing pool, and - God's gift to women - an epidural. As I count it, I'd had contractions you could time since Monday evening.

Needless to say, this amazing little guy was worth every minute of it. I still can't quite believe that he's mine...even having been in the midst of the action for the whole process. I'm entranced to watch him watching me when I feed him...and giggle about how he keeps his hands up by his face when he eats or sleeps. He's such an awesome baby so far and it's only been two days.



No comments:

Post a Comment