Friday, June 17, 2011

light at the end of the tunnel

It has officially been nearly two weeks with no internet except the occasional trip to the public library or my tiny Nokia wannabe-Crackberry. The problems with these two outlets are, respectively:

1) The library computers are ridiculously slow...and you only get 30 minutes at a time.
2) My phone keyboard is tiny, complex pages don't loads, and the screen doesn't scroll down automatically with the text I'm typing.

Still. Thank heaven for small mercies. At least I still have basic Google search, maps, and feed reader, email, and basic facebook.

Our charming ISP has declared that the blessings of high-speed, full resolution internet bounty will be restored unto us as of Monday. Not a moment too soon. I have music to download, people to skype, and DIY projects to research and blog about!

As a taster: we've done quite a few little projects lately. One involving our hgue antique pine dresser, and another involving the framing of several pictures...including one for The Nursery! (cue angelic choirs and a single beam of sunshine through the clouds)

Updates will abound soon, my lovlies. (How much do I feel like the Wicked Witch of the West after typing that? Now I have to leave it!)

Just keep your fingers crossed that, come Monday, I don't have to go all Secret Window on the O2 people and make insane threats with a screwdriver to make them put us out of our misery and give us our Interwebz back.

No comments:

Post a Comment