Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Another shameless blog plug


The Skeptic's Guide to the Universe is a (usually) interesting podcast that Sebastian has got me listening to. I confess most of my listening comes when playing marathon sessions of Minecraft. (Is there any other way to play Minecraft?) I mostly recommend, though, the Skeptic's Guide 5x5 which is much easier to digest and doesn't - because of the restricted time - stray into subjects you may or may not have any familiarity with.

Interesting things I learned:
1. Who knew chiropractic was a pseudo-science? Not me.
2. Ad hoc ergo propter hoc is no longer just pretentious and indecipherable Latin.
3. The movie The Men Who Stare At Goats isn't quite as ridiculous as it first appears.

I think a later blog post might have to involve discussing skepticism and the Spirit if I can find some interesting opinions to cite first.

(Other shameless blog plug...Hyperbole and a Half...)






No comments:

Post a Comment