Thursday, April 16, 2009

It's a Hit (Rilo Kiley)

In the midst of a busy week, it's always nice to have little victories to celebrate. This one has absolutely nothing to do with me:

I'm not a huge fan of reality television: I roll my eyes at the mere mention of American Idol having watched all of 2 episodes in my lifetime. I shudder at the thought of programmes like Big Brother, The Apprentice, or The Bachelor. And yet, thanks to my mum and a screening of CNN on the TV in the gym, I have a lovely pick-me-up moment courtesy of Simon Cowell and Britain's Got Talent.

Give her even just the first five words of the song to prove the point: this woman is absolutely phenomenal. She's proof that sometimes great things come in plain packages. Hopefully one more viewing will be enough to inspire me to continue writing this last history paper of my undergraduate career. More than likely it'll just inspire me to belt out Frank Sinatra or Ella Fitzgerald in the shower, but we can all dream. Of course, when I'm dreaming about productively finishing a paper, there's something to be said for the quality of the dream...

Susan Boyle on Britain's Got Talent!

No comments:

Post a Comment